July events at Montrose Center for the Arts
• All month long, show, exhibit, sales, programs.
* Fri. July 2. 5-8 pm. Opening Reception, Montrose Center for the Arts celebrates San Juan Mountain mining and narrow gauge railroad history.
• Fri., July 2, 7:30 pm, Final sale, Square Deal Auction. Pay and pick up your art piece. Minimum Bid price special sale Blackstock and Ellingson paintings.
• Fri. July 2, 6:30 pm. Jeff Ellingson, Roundhouse Museum curator, talks about the Durango Silverton Railroad and its role in San Juan Mountain history.
• Wed., July 14, 1-3 pm. Karl Schaffer, President of the Ridgway Railroad Museum, presents “Railroad History of the Uncompahgre Valley, Then and Now.” Coffee, cold beverages, and cookies provided. Free. Suggested donation $5.
• Wed. July 21, noon-1 pm, Kathryn Burke, publisher of regional history books and magazines, presents Red Mountain Mining District and the Corkscrew Turntable. Bring a brown bag lunch. Coffee, cold beverages, and cookies provided. Free. Suggested donation $5.
• Fri. July 30, 6-8 pm. Gems and Mineral Painting With Anne Hockenberry. Materials provided. Tuition $30.